Employment: Police Officer (PTC)
The Township of Livingston’s Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Applicant must possess a current New Jersey-certified Police Training Commission (PTC) certificate. To receive consideration, candidates must deliver the required application documents to the Livingston Police Department by the deadline. Please see instructions below. EOE.
Applicant must possess an Associate’s Degree, or have completed sixty (60) college credits from an accredited post-secondary college, or have completed two (2) years of active military service with an honorable discharge.
Qualifications for Applicant:
- New Jersey Police Training Commission (PTC) Certificate
- Must meet the qualifications as specified in N.J.S.A. 40A:14-122.
- Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey at the time of appointment.
- Must have a valid New Jersey driver’s license at the time of appointment.
- Meet the requirements of and be eligible for membership in Police and Firemen’s Retirement System (PFRS).
- Must pass an oral interview, a medical examination, a thorough personal background check, a psychological examination and drug and alcohol screenings.
- Free of conviction of a crime constituting an indictable offense or any crime or offense involving moral turpitude
To apply, deliver all of the following documents in person during the specified hours to the Livingston Police Department, located at 333 S. Livingston Avenue, Livingston, NJ 07039 by the deadline. All documents must be clear and readable.
- Completed Employment Application (PDF) -- Note: If completing the form electronically, be sure to download it and open it on your computer/device before filling it out, and then save and print it. (If you fill it out in a web browser window/tab, your changes won't save.)
- Copy of your NJ-certified Police Training Commission (PTC) certificate
- Transcript demonstrating your Associate's Degree or completion of sixty (60) college credits from an accredited post-secondary college, or
- DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
Delivery of application materials will be accepted Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am - 3:00 pm.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 3:00 pm.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 973-992-3000 ext. 3234.