Livingston’s 2020 Leaf Collection Program begins soon: Section 1 Township roads can put leaves in the street starting Monday, October 26, 2020.
View the Leaf Collection Program schedule here.
Each section of municipal streets (1, 2, and 3) has a designated week to put leaves out at the curb; collection is scheduled for the following week. The Department of Public Works will return to each section during the final week. Once the leaves in your section have been picked up, do not place more leaves in the street until the next scheduled date (week 4 for all sections).
Residents should share their section’s dates with their landscapers.
Leaf collection on Essex County Roads and State Highway Rt. 10 will occur once per week during the leaf collection season. Leaves along these roads must be placed in paper bags provided for free by the Township or their equivalent.
To find your section, the collection schedule, guidelines for Township and County/State roads, and more information, visit the Leaf Collection page.
- DO NOT dispose of leaves by placing them or causing them to be on adjacent property (i.e., through air blowers or other mechanical equipment.
- DO NOT dispose of leaves by depositing them in any catch basin or sewer. Leaves should be at least 10 feet away from any storm drain inlet or catch basin.
- DO NOT park on top of leaves out for collection or let children play in leaf piles.
- DO NOT put pumpkins, branches, old flowers or flower pots, or other debris in the leaf piles.
- DO remove portable basketball hoops from the street to prevent accidents during leaf collection and snow removal.
For additional information, be sure to check the Leaf Disposal Guidelines (PDF) / Guidelines for Landscapers (PDF).
Follow Livingston Township on Facebook and Twitter for updates and reminders.