Livingston municipal offices are now open to the public. However, items for the Tax Collector’s Office can still be mailed to Livingston Town Hall, 357 S. Livingston Avenue, or left in the drop-off box located near the curb by the Tax Collector’s office entrance to the building. Residents are encouraged to make online tax payments.
Real Estate Taxes
NEW: 2020 Tax Rate and Grace Period
The certified tax rate for 2020 is $2.271 per $100 of assessed value. Final tax bills will be mailed by the last week of July and are available online for payments or inquiries:
The 3rd quarter grace period has been extended to August 25, 2020 to pay without interest. If not paid by August 25, 2020, the interest will revert back to the original due date: August 1, 2020.
Tax Bills and Payment Due Dates
The Township of Livingston mails out tax bills once during the year. The estimated 3rd quarter tax bills are mailed either at the end of June or in July.
Payments are due quarterly as noted:
|1st quarter||February 1|
|2nd quarter||May 1|
|3rd quarter||August 1|
|4th quarter||November 1|
There is a ten-day grace period for each quarter. The grace period ends on the tenth day of the month that the tax payment is due. If the tenth day falls on a weekend or a holiday, the grace period is automatically extended to the next business day.
NOTE: If bills are mailed after the statutory mailing date, the grace period will be extended and property owners will be given 25 days from the mailing date to pay without interest.
Online Tax / Utility System Lookup
The Municipal Tax / Utility System Lookup allows residents to find their account information online. Information like account balance, amount paid, account history, assessed value, total tax/water/sewer billed and paid for a year, and more can be found using the system.
- When do I receive my tax bill?
- What if I did not receive my tax bill and don’t know the amount or when they are due?
- I am delinquent on my taxes. What is the minimum amount I must pay?
- Can the interest be waived?
- Can I make partial payments?
- I am selling my property, what portion of the taxes am I responsible for?
- I have paid off my mortgage and I am now responsible to pay my tax bill. What should I do?
- Can I have my tax bills mailed to a different address?
- Do you accept a postmark as proof of payment?
- Can I postdate my check?
- What is a tax sale?