Livingston municipal offices are now open to the public. However, items for the Tax Collector’s Office can still be mailed to Livingston Town Hall, 357 S. Livingston Avenue, or left in the drop-off box located near the curb by the Tax Collector’s office entrance to the building. Residents are encouraged to make online tax payments.
Real Estate Taxes
2020 Tax Rate and Grace Period
The certified tax rate for 2020 is $2.271 per $100 of assessed value.
Tax and Utility Lookup
Please note that there are currently two different lookup links:
Tax Bills and Payment Due Dates
The Township of Livingston mails out tax bills once during the year. The estimated 3rd quarter tax bills are mailed either at the end of June or in July.
Payments are due quarterly as noted:
|1st quarter||February 1|
|2nd quarter||May 1|
|3rd quarter||August 1|
|4th quarter||November 1|
There is a ten-day grace period for each quarter. The grace period ends on the tenth day of the month that the tax payment is due. If the tenth day falls on a weekend or a holiday, the grace period is automatically extended to the next business day.
- When do I receive my tax bill?
- What if I did not receive my tax bill and don’t know the amount or when they are due?
- I am delinquent on my taxes. What is the minimum amount I must pay?
- Can the interest be waived?
- Can I make partial payments?
- I am selling my property, what portion of the taxes am I responsible for?
- I have paid off my mortgage and I am now responsible to pay my tax bill. What should I do?
- Can I have my tax bills mailed to a different address?
- Do you accept a postmark as proof of payment?
- Can I postdate my check?
- What is a tax sale?