- Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, & Marriage
Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, & Marriage/Civil Unions
Please Note: The Bureau of Vital Statistics is open to the public from 8:30 am – 4 pm and taking walk-ins. Records can also be requested by mail (see below).
Couples seeking a Marriage/Civil Union License, and anyone who needs a Birth, Death, or Marriage/Civil Union record immediately, should visit the Livingston Health Department's Bureau of Vital Statistics at 204 Hillside Avenue. The Vital Record Request Form (PDF) is available online; bring the completed form and proper payment to expedite the process.
Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage/Civil Union Licenses
Available in Person or by Mail
Certificates, records, and licenses are only available at the Livingston Health Department (973-535-7961), either in person or by mail, located at:
Livingston Senior/Community Center
204 Hillside Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039
Request a Birth, Death, or Marriage/Civil Union Record
Use the Vital Record Request Form (PDF) to request a Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, or Marriage/Civil Union License.
The following updated record request fees are currently in effect:
- Birth Certificate: $25
- Marriage, Civil Union or Domestic Partnership Certificate: $25
- Death Certificate: $15
- In Person: Cash or Credit/Debit card only (we accept most major credit cards)
- By Mail: Money order only, made out to "Township of Livingston"
Apply for a Marriage/Civil Union/Domestic Partnership Certificate
- If the applicants live in New Jersey: The license must be obtained from the municipality in which either party resides.
- If both parties live outside of New Jersey: The license must be obtained in the municipality in which the ceremony takes place.
NOTE: A license applied for and issued in New Jersey may never be used outside of New Jersey, and a license issued in another state may never be used in New Jersey.
View the Marriage/Civil Union Application (PDF).
About the Bureau of Vital Statistics
The Bureau of Vital Statistics is conducted under the supervision of the Township Registrar. The Registrar is required to see that all births, deaths, marriages, and civil unions that take place within the Township of Livingston borders are properly recorded locally and with the NJ State Vital Statistic Office in Trenton. Certified copies of vital statistics records, marriage licenses, and burial permits are issued by this division. Census-tracked mortality statistics are also kept on file.