How do I request a new Court date?

Once you are assigned a Court date, all requests to adjourn that date must be made in writing to the judge. 

Requests to adjourn may be submitted:

  • by fax:   973-535-7997  
  • by mail:  Livingston Municipal Court, 357 S. Livingston Avenue, Livingston, NJ 07039. 
    • An adjournment is not automatically granted by sending a letter. You must still appear unless you have received confirmation from Court staff that the date has been changed.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Court located?
2. What are the Violations Bureau hours?
3. What are your Court dates?
4. How can I contact the Court?
5. How do I pay my ticket?
6. How do I plead not guilty?
7. How do I request a new Court date?
8. How can I get an attorney?
9. How can I appeal the judge’s decision?